ACIMEX vacuum lifters meet the EC lifting standards in force, especially the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and the AFNOR standard EN 13155. These directives apply to design rules related to health and safety requirements (ergonomics, working rate and arduousness). ACIMEX is also ISO 9001 certified, 2015 version.
Compliance with AFNOR standard EN 13155
ACIMEX applies the AFNOR EN 13155 lifting standard in force and certifies that its appliances meet the manufacturing standard. The standard combats the risks related to manual handling and ensures lifting safety with :
- A double action command for depositing the load
- Warning of power failure
- Warning for loss of vacuum
- A safety factor of 2
- A visual system for the vacuum level
- A vacuum tank
- Qualified load bearing welds
- A sealing test
- CMU marking (SWL in English (safe working load))
ACIMEX, stringent requirements
On some points, ACIMEX is well beyond the level of the requirements of the lifting standards, in order to reassure its customers and guarantee them a result combining efficiency and safety.
- ACIMEX lifting appliances combine different systems of control of the vacuum level, both visual and audio. Devices intended more specifically for tunnel boring machines are equipped with an additional control system.
- In the event of a power cut, ACIMEX guarantees maintenance of the vacuum level for 30 minutes; this is higher than the required minimum working vacuum standards of 5 minutes.
- The vacuum components used are compatible with the operating environment of the device (moisture, dust, temperature).
- The minimum safety factor of the vacuum units at the minimum working vacuum is 2.4 instead of 2.
- ACIMEX uses different qualities of seal in relation to the material to be handled (concrete, steel or PVC) and depending on the position of the part.
Our customers must perform a fitness for use test on receipt of the lifters ordered. Vacuum lifters are considered as lifting accessories, and are subject to an annual periodic inspection.
ACIMEX, the expert in heavy handling, can work with you on your projects. Please contact us or ask us for a quote.